Monday, January 7, 2008

What next?

Well, in my last post I spoke too soon. After Camila's ear infection I thought that would be the end of dr visits for a while. Well, on Sunday afternoon she started crying unconsolibly for 30 minutes, completely out of the blue. WHile this would have the norm for her 3 weeks ago, it was a surprise to us at this point. We called the triage nurse, and they said she might have meningitus, so we should bring her to Children's Hospital right away. Well, that seemed a little drastic to us, so we decided to take her to urgent care (we weren't convinced it wasn't related to reflux or her cold.) Sure enough, her reflux is bothering her again (we had noticed some signs, but the dr was able to see her struggling in the office.) Plus, while her ear infection is looking good, she now has a wheezy cough. So, double her Prilosec and we have to use a nebulizer for her cough for the next few days. We were really glad we went in, especially since we're getting a head of her reflux. Needless to say she doesn't have meningitus (urgent care staff also thought that was drastic.) However, it can't be that simple, can it? Especially not for us! When I sat down to use the nebulizer this morning, it didn't work. We tried to figure it out for an hour, called the company, and they drove out to take a look. Sure enough, the whole machine (brand new) was broken!!! They gave us a new one, but wow, we're so tired of all these problems we have to deal with. I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow, and even though it always would have been difficult, these past few days have really drained me. As I told my mom, the easiest part of this was labor... Oh, and to top it off, the albuterol makes her excited and sleepless, so I got about 4 hours of sleep last night...

No comments: