Saturday, January 26, 2008

This was my 3rd week back at work, and it's getting easier (rather, I'm getting used to being sleep deprived!) We're not sure what's going on with Camila (that's pretty usual for us!) but her sleeping at night is now getting goofy. She's wanting to go to bed earlier, so she's usually out before 8:30. Typically, that means getting up at 1:30 to eat, and then again at 7:30 for the day. However, the past couple of nights she's gotten up a few extra times. Thurs night she woke up an hour after we put her down, again again 1:30, and then at 6:00! Last night she slept from 8:30-1:30, but woke up at 5:00! Fortunately she goes back to sleep easily for a couple more hours, but it's quite an interruption to our sleep. :) Her daytime naps are getting easier, but not quite as scheduled as we'd like. She's been taking a longer nap in the morning around 10:30 (usually about 2 hours) but then sometimes she wakes up happy, other times she wakes up cranky. Those times (like today!) I feed her and put her back down for a nap within 1-1 1/2 hours after she wakes up. Sometimes that means for 45 minutes, other times it's for 2 hours. We scheduled a consult with a pediatric GI specialist for Tuesday. We want to be certain that we have her reflux under control so we can begin sleep training her. Right now we never know if she wakes up crabby because she's uncomfortable or not. Plus, we want to make sure that we have a good treatment plan. We hate second guessing everything, and this will be a good start to help us feel more confident. I start back at work full time the week of Feb 4, and Fabricio's mom arrives that night. Maybe Rita will be able to help us get Camila on a better schedule! :) I'm trying to think of any developmental milestones she's hit this week. I think I already mentioned that she's beginning to reach for objects (without much success). She's also starting to play with her toes a bit. Oh! I just remembered the biggie for this week. She's adding a few consonants to her vocalizations - "bbbb" and "pppp". At first we thought she was just blowing raspberries, but now she's incorporating it into her chatter. She loves to watch us blow raspberries at her, so I imagine it won't be long until she's trying to imitate us.

No comments: