Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally, an update :)

I haven't had the chance to update in 1 1/2 weeks, so I thought I'd quickly post while eating my lunch. :) Going back to work has been quite a transition, but fortunately I only go to work 3 days each week. I thought I was sleep deprived before, but this feeling gives that a whole new definition! Camila was sleeping until 5:00 or so the week before I went back, but of course, my first day back at work she woke up at 3:30, and did this the entire week! It's tough, because when she goes back to sleep around 4:00, I'm still tired and want to sleep but I have to get up at 5:00. That short hour kills me. Plus, it takes me 2 hours before I can get out the door (I either feed her or pump before leaving, so that adds to it.) Pumping at work has also been a challenge, because it takes 30 minutes each trip. I feel like I'm hardly ever at my desk. Hopefully it will be quicker once I get the hang of it. By the time I get home, usually at 6:00, she's already cranky and tired, so it's quickly eat dinner then feed her and put her to bed. She's usually asleep by 8:45, and Mom and Dad are shortly thereafter. I never thought 9:30 would be late for me! :) However, the past two nights she's slept until 5:00 again! The first morning it threw us into a tailspin, because we already had our morning "routine". That extra hour of sleep was great though, so no complaints! A few other developments she's made are that she's enjoying playing with toys, even beginning to reach for them and put them in her mouth. Plus, she's trying to lean forward to grab things or get a closer look, but doesn't quite have the stomach muscles or coordination yet. :) She'll put everything in her mouth, especially her hands, diaper cloth, and her Blankee. Her naps are all over the place still, without a consistent routine, but we're trying. Also, sometimes she'll put herself back to sleep, but she has to be REALLY tired to do that. Anyway, I'll add pictures later, when I have the chance. I just wanted to get a written update while I could!

No comments: