Friday, October 3, 2008

Quick update - 11 1/2 months

Just a quick update and pictures. Camila has recently discovered how much fun it is to make me clap. That probably doesn't make sense, so let me explain. She learned how to put her hands on the outside of my hands, and force my hands together so that I "clap". She starts out slowly, but gradually builds up steam. This is one of her new favorite things. (Who am I kidding, she has lots of favorite things now!) Another new fun thing she discovered with her new-found freedom with crawling is how entertaining it is to play with the door stop. You know, the little springy thing behind the door. When I put her down in our bedroom, that's the first thing she heads for. :) She's also been "brushing her hair" the past few weeks. I'll give her her hairbrush, and she'll try to brush her own hair. Usually it's with the wrong side, but she's trying and gets an "A" for effort! Not really any words yet, unless you count "Dada" and "Mama" which are said at anytime, and not necessarily to me specifically (or Dad either.) However, she is starting to seem to understand "done" and will repeat me when I say it at the end of dinner. Same with "up" and "thank you". But, no real words yet as far as I can tell. She's really developing a temper though, which is funny when I'm in the mood, but annoying when I'm tired. Fortunately I usually find it pretty amusing. She gets SUPER mad when I take something that she's been playing with (usually things she's not supposed to be playing with.) She's pretty easy to distract though, so that usually works to get her to stop crying. OK, that's all for now.

No comments: