Tuesday, September 23, 2008
11 months - a busy few weeks
Sorry it's been a while since I've updated the blog. We've had a lot going on in the Nunez household. First, Fabricio was gone for a week, so I was doing a "single-mom" test drive. It wasn't too bad, but was quite stressful at times. He came home Sept 13, and Camila turned 11 months on Sept 16.
Sept 17 was a full day in some good and not so good ways. We started Camila's new daycare on Sept 17, Camila started crawling (finally!), but my Grandma Nelson died in a car accident. She was 85 years old. Given that she lived a full, long life you of course expect that phone call, but just not in the way it happened.... Unfortunately, Fabricio left yesterday, so he won't be able to attend her funeral tomorrow. So this past weekend we visited my Grandpa Nelson (who is 90).
We also visited my college roomie Angie Quale and her husband Dave so we could see their beautiful new daughter Audrey. Check out her blog "Sweet Baby Quale" to see pictures. :)
Oh, and of course I had a super long "honey-do" list for Fabricio, which included final baby-proofing since Camila is on the move in a big way.
So, a quick update so I can crash and go to bed. Camila is finally crawling (it was a matter of finding the right incentive - a Goldfish cracker!), trying to pull herself up on everything, and she loves to open drawers (which often results in squished fingers - hence the last minute baby-proofing!). She just started waving as well, which was appropriately for the first time last night when I dropped Fabricio off at the airport!
She just got her 6th tooth, and she has 2-3 molars coming in as well. Needless to say she hasn't been in the best of spirits lately. She's been waking up crying every night around 11:00pm and/or 5:00am. The first night I didn't know what was making that sound since it's been so long since she woke up in the middle of the night!
She likes to hug various stuffed animals. She puts them up by her neck and squeezes as hard as she can. And her favorite things are playing hide 'n seek and peekaboo (silly girl doesn't realize that we can see her face when she puts her hands over her ears and eyebrows!) But she's so freaking adorable and we couldn't love her anymore than we do!
OK, enough rambling. Time for pictures.
Oh, I think my clothing dilemma is solved - with probably more clothes now than I actually need!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment