Sunday, July 13, 2008

Almost 9 months - Two teeth and standing (with help!)

Camila will turn 9 months this week, and we were just looking back at pictures from when she was 3 weeks old. It's hard to believe how much she's changed. She's starting to go through some separation anxiety (and in the middle of the night no less!) Not exactly fun, but we're hoping it's short-lived. :) We've also had some illness the past 2 weeks (which is why we've been too busy to post.) Just before the 4th of July weekend daycare called me at work (45 min after I got there!) so say Camila had to be picked up b/c they thought she had pink eye. Fabricio and I didn't think that's what it was, but you can't tell daycare that! So, I made my way home (as I had the carseat) and met Fabricio at daycare. He took Camila to the doctor where they said, nope, not pink eye. (That's what we thought!) She just had a bad head cold, so her congestion was coming out through her eyes. Yuck, I know. She felt pretty good though and was her usual playful self, so that was good. However, this past week daycare called me again (this time at 5:00 when I was on the bus on my way home!) to say Camila had to be picked up early. She had a fever of 103.7. So, we took her to urgent care when they opened at 6:00, and it turned out she had a viral infection, which meant she couldn't go to daycare until Monday (tomorrow.) She's been pretty cranky and needy the past few days, but on Saturday she started to perk up so we took her to the MN Zoo. She had a really good time (and so did we!) We're just glad she's feeling better, her fever is gone, and hopefully she'll stay healthy for a while. The famous black slipper Just playing around. Hide and seek is always fun! Here's a picture of her "drinking" from her Sippy cup, which usually just means she lets the water spill out of her mouth and down her bib. We generally have a big wet mess after meals! I'm not sure where this text is going to show up as I"m having problems with blogger, which is literally driving me nuts. Fabricio's a little afraid of me at the moment b/c I'm quite crabby with the blog! So, there's a picture of Camila playing with bubbles. She gets really serious while "playing" this new game, and tries to touch the bubbles. Too bad they always float away! There's also pictures of Camila in my sweater, and chewing on my belt. I'm not sure why chewing on my belt was so entertaining, but I don't assume to understand the mind of a 9 month old! You can see her tooth pretty well in the one shot. Her second tooth is also about halfway up. Camila is really starting to enjoy standing, but with help of course. She can stand by herself while propped up against furniture, and it will be a while before she figures out how to cruise along the furniture as she doesn't know how to move her feet. :)

No comments: