Sunday, July 27, 2008

Camila aka The Girl, The Baby, and Cranky Sue

Those are just a few of the nicknames we have for Camila. "The Girl" is something we got from my dad when I was pregnant. We don't know if he was aware of it, but when we'd talk about something we bought (or my parents bought) for Camila, it was always for "The Girl". And the name stuck. :) I finally took 9 month pictures of her (ok, they were really 9 1/2 month pictures!). I got in a few shots before she noticed the paper next to her and started to eat it. What a great game, crumpling and munching on the paper! I realized that I haven't talked about a few of my favorite things that she does. She loves putting her fist against her mouth, and moving it back and forth while she "talks". She also loves moving her tongue in and out while "talking". We just recharged our video camera (after it being out of batteries for probably a month!) so hopefully I can record her doing my favorite things. :) Right now she's attacking the box of diapers. I love how cheap her "toys" can be. An empty box, an empty roll of paper towels, a plastic tuperware container, my slipper, and an empty baby food container. At least she's always getting new toys and it's not breaking our budget! She's getting good at putting things back into containers, and loves to drop things off her highchair. So long sippy cup! (I've given up picking it up for her each time. Once it drops, she clearly doesn't want it anymore!) She's also getting good at sharing her things. Well, I don't suppose she's actually sharing them in the true sense, but she loves giving Fabricio or me whatever she's playing with and watch us play with it. This goes on until Mom or Dad get bored, which is always before Camila! Speaking of toys, we bought her a little pool last weekend. She absolutely loves it, and probably could have played outside for an hour if we'd let her. I was hoping to let her play in it this weekend, but the weather today (Sunday) wasn't the best. Maybe next weekend!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love the pics! Maybe Lily and Camila can have a pool party soon:)