Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm Berry Sweet

OK, just wanted to share my FAVORITE pjs! We've graduated to the t-shirt and shorts variety (she used to sleep in sleepers) and I just love this I'm berry sweet one from Old Navy. Mostly, I like the color! :) In the second picture you can sort of see Camila's tooth. You can really notice it now, and her second tooth is on it's way up. Unfortunately, her second tooth is bothering her a lot more than her first. The first tooth wasn't a problem; this one seems to be causing a lot of discomfort. She's been fussier these past few days, crying unexpectedly and generally unhappy, but you can tell she's trying to play and be happy. Let's hope this one comes in quickly! I mentioned earlier that she's getting better at rolling. Still the case, as she'll roll across the living room if there's something she wants. A precursor to crawling, but I suspect she won't be doing that yet for a while. She knows we'll bring her things if she complains enough, which isn't great parenting on our part! ;) She's also starting to really enjoy standing and jumping. Perhaps cruising along the furniture will come before crawling! Mealtimes are going really well, and Camila's learned to feed herself sweet potato puffs! Just 2 weeks ago she didn't know what to do with them; she just played with them. Last week she'd try to get them in her mouth but she'd always end up munching on her first. This weekend - success! Straight into her mouth, and then she'll "ask" for more. We have to keep an eye on her otherwise she'd end up with 5 in her mouth at once! She's also gotten better at using the sippy cup. Sometimes it's a toy, and the times she's thirsty she knows what she needs to do. Unfortunately she just ends up soaking wet sometimes, but that's ok - it's just water! :) We're trying to go for a walk every night after dinner, and fortunately the weather has been really nice. It's my only source of exercise right now, unfortunately! (Well, that and walking to the bus or walking through the skyways!)
Ah...the remote. One of her constant favorite toys. She goes in spurts. Some toys she grows tired of after a few days, but the remote, water bottles, my black slipper - don't worry, it's new! and our cell phones are guaranteed favorites.
I may have said this already, but one of her new favorite noises sounds a lot like "mamama". Maybe I coud trick mysef into thinking her first word was "Mama", but considering she says it all the time it's clear she doesn't know what it actually means! :) Plus, she says "dadada" a lot too! But it's so much fun to listen to her babble, especially when she is telling us a story. The facial expressions to go with her "stories" are priceless!

No comments: