Friday, June 13, 2008
Tummy sleeping, raspberries, and hyper girl
The last time I posted Camila was starting to sleep on her side. Imagine my panic when she started sleeping on her stomach! Actually, last Friday was a pretty eventful nap/sleep day. She got stuck in the crib slats during her afternoon nap. Not sure how her big chubby thighs got all the way thru the slats, but it was pretty tough for me to wiggle her leg out! Then Friday night I went upstairs to check in on her and she was on her stomach! This being the same girl who hated tummy time with a screaming passion. Saturday morning she woke us up early (about 5:45) crying b/c her legs got stuck while she was on her tummy so she couldn't flip over. She was NOT happy! Fortunately that phase only lasted a couple of days, and she's back to sleeping on her back or side. Whew!
This past week she's also having great fun taking whatever toy or blankie she has in her hand and putting it in my mouth. Gotta say, this interactive play is a lot of fun! She finds it hilarious when I "munch" on her fist. She's also starting to engage us in play of blowing raspberries, with Daddy in particular. Watch out for the spit, it's a messy game! :)
Oh, she is getting much more mobile now too. As demonstrated by her sleeping on her tummy last weekend, she's rolling over both ways, all the time. She's making crawling movements as well. She just has to have the right motivation to want to move towards an object.
It looks like her 2nd tooth is finally coming in, but it's hard to tell for sure. It might still be a few weeks yet....
The best thing this week was one day when we picked her up from daycare they told us that she was having a "jumping" contest with one of hte other babies. Camila was in the Exersaucer and her friend Isabelle was in the Jumperoo. They were looking at each other, screeching, laughing, and jumping like crazy. No wonder she's such a great sleeper; she wears herself out during the day!
And in case anyone was wondering just how active Camila really is, here's a story to establish the fact that she's always on the go. We went out to dinner last weekend, and the waitress commented "Wow, she's really hyper". This being at 6:30 at night when we thought Camila was pretty tame! ;)
I'll post pictures later, just wanted to get my comments updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean...the first time I found Lily on her stomach I panicked and rolled her over which woke her up! After obsessively checking her for days, I chilled out a little since she was sleeping so well:) Hopefully we can see you soon!
Post a Comment