Sunday, December 16, 2007
Crying, crying, and more crying!
Sorry I haven't updated the blog in over a week, but it's been difficult lately. Camila pretty much cries 75% of the time she's awake. And during the times she's not crying, we're holding her anyway. She clearly is colicky, but I think her reflux has gotten worse. Fortunately we have her 2 month appt tomorrow, as I definitely want to talk to the dr about this. It just doesn't seem normal that she's crying all the time! It's really difficult for us to go anywhere with her, which means we're pretty much cooped up at home trying to soothe her.... Things in our arsenal: bouncy ball, hair dryer, vaccum, Snugli, swing, swaddling, shooshing. At least they usually work for a while.
When I posted earlier, I thought she was the perfect baby on Monday. Tuesday was a completely different story. Crying (and screaming) all day, even when being held. FOrtunately, she had a good day on Wed (I assume she was exhausted from Tuesday) and took a few good naps. But since then, it's been a struggle. We just want to have some moments of quiet time to play with her!
Silver lining: she's still a great sleeper at night, sleeping usually 4-6 hours straight, and going right back to sleep after her middle of the night feeding. So, at least I'm not sleep deprived! Last night at her 8:00 feeding (which we're trying to make as her bedtime) she took 6 oz like a champ and went to sleep with minimal fuss! We're going to make that her bottle feeding time (usually we were doing the 5:00 feeding) but this way we know she's getting enough to eat. We're considering that still being hungry may also be contributing to her crying. Anyway, she generally sleeps from 10pm-8am, getting up only once or twice to eat. We're trying to push her bedtime up to around 8:30 so we have some time to relax ourselves before going to sleep.
Anyway, I just wanted to put an update since it's her 2 month birthday today, even though there aren't any pictures. I'll try to take some later today (thankfully she's napping right now), but only if she's not crying! ;) I also wanted to write this down so *hopefully* I can look back in a month and see things differently! Hopefully we'll have our happy baby to play with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment