Yeah! I finally heard back from the ortho, and they say that Amelia's scoliosis is actually just "positional". I need to call them to confirm (it was a voice mail) but my understanding is that the curvature was just from the way she was positioned during the x-ray. (Try getting a ticked off 10 month old to lie absolutely still.) Although I wish we hadn't spent the last week worrying, I'm surprised and relieved that everything is ok.
On another note, Amelia started crawling 2 weeks ago. She is slowing building up speed, but she's already getting into trouble. For example, Camila has a table fan sitting on her floor. (I only plug it in during naptime/sleeptime.) Amelia tried pulling the cord out of the wall to get the fan into her lap, and almost succeeded. But we're willing to put up with all the trouble-making since the crawling is doing great things for her tilt! She is building up neck/trunk muscle strength so quickly. She is getting 2 more teeth and has the worst cold she's ever had, and her tilt is not regressing! It's never been like that. All summer, it seemed like that tilt would be more pronouced (it never went away completely) whenever she would even sneeze. I'm excited to see what a few more weeks of crawling will do!
No comments:
Post a Comment