Sunday, October 4, 2009

Carousel, taking care of baby

Whew, things have been busy around here! Fabricio has been teaching on Monday & Wednesday nights, and our weekends have been packed with house projects and errands (the baby's room is about 50% ready for the new baby!)
However, we decided to take a break on Labor Day and bring Camila to the Como Zoo (but forgot our camera). She loved the Carousel, and for 2 weeks afterwards she kept saying "horsies go round and round" while waving her hand. So, we decided to take her again a couple of weekends ago (and remembered our camera). Fabricio took her on the Carousel twice (I don't exactly fit behind her on the horse at this point in my pregnancy!), and then told her "horsies are all done". It must have worked, because she really hasn't mentioned them again. Which is kind of sad, because she was pretty cute always talking about the horsies going round and round! It was fun to see her enjoying herself, just looking all around at the lights, the horses, the mirrors. I'm glad she was able to have some fun, as we haven't been able to take her many places this summer.
She's also really into taking care of her baby (and kitty.) She loves to give her a bottle, change her diaper, put her to bed, etc. We're a little nervous, because as we've been pulling baby gear out for the new baby, she wants to use all of it for her baby doll. The swing, pack 'n play, newborn clothes, bathtub, you name it. I suspect we're going to have a few arguments when the new baby is here and needs to use the baby gear! You can see in the picture above that Camila has her baby, blankie, and bottle in the baby's stroller. And yes, she's going to be a kitty for Halloween. :)
Here she is taking care of one of her baby dolls. I think she was pretending to change her diaper, or maybe she was trying to put a pair of baby socks onto her miniture doll. (That did not go well as she couldn't understand why they didn't fit!)
She's quite talkative (often uses 3 & 4 word sentences) and is pretty bossy, which I understand from my mom that are a couple of traits she inherited from me. :) She's learning her colors, although only gets it right about 50% of the time. She's getting much better at sharing and taking turns, and will even have her baby and kitty take turns doing something. (I'll often hear her say "Kitty's turn"). We've been talking to her about her baby sister, and while she doesn't fully undestand the concept she knows that there's a baby in mom's belly. (I forgot - she been referring me as "mommy" for several months now, and sometimes I'm "mom". I remember when she used to call Fabricio "daddy" and I was still "mama"!)

No comments: