OK, what's new this week. First, I think I need to come up with better titles to my blog posts. I'm clearly not that creative! :)
We've continued to struggle with Camila sleeping at night. This week we thought we were turning a corner, as she finally slept thru the night (8:30-6:00ish) on Sun, Mon, and Tues. However, since then she's gotten up once, if not twice (both Thurs & Fri night were up-twice nights!) The swing she sleeps in (the new one we bought in Jan) now makes horribly loud clanking noises, so we thought that was it. Then we thought she was constipated (which she has a problem with). Then we thought she was wet. But we can't find a rhyme or reason to why she wakes up. Unfortunately, I'm coming down with a cold and Camila seems to be a little sick too, so that may be why but we don't know for sure. Very frustrating! At least we know that in a couple of weeks we can move her to her crib, and while it will likely take time for her to get used to her new room hopefully it will help her (and us!) sleep better.
On the nights that she did sleep through, she is waking up by at least 6:00, which threw us into a tailspin this week. I didn't get up early enough to have time to get myself ready AND feed her. Plus we had that measly snowstorm that messed up traffic, so one morning I got to work an hour later than I usually do!
On the bright side, she is amazing us with her new ability to put herself to sleep in her pack and play (for naps). Who is this baby? OK, it's only been a few times, but it's still good to know that she has the ability to put herself to sleep on a flat, stationary surface! (I cuddle with her a bit, then lay her down, kiss her head and tell her it's time for her nap. Within 10 minutes she's put herself to sleep.) Hopefully this helps when she starts sleeping in her crib. Oh! I also put her down for 1 nap in her crib yesterday, in the hopes that it starts to be a familiar room to her.
She loves playing with her feet now, grabbing them every chance she gets.
And she's very chatty lately, talking and laughing a lot (even when she wakes up at 4:00am...) She appears to be having fun trying out these new sounds she can make, and does so every chance she gets. Camila is also sitting up on her own (for 5-10 seconds) before she flops over to the side. I find it fascinating that she can sit up, but has shown no more interest in rolling over. She just cries and cries whenever we put her on her stomach (and that's often when she lets out a few toots!) ;)
I went to visit her day care yesterday, and it was pretty hard to think that in just over a week she'll be there nearly 12 hours per day. It makes me so sad! Hopefully after Fabricio starts working later this year we can sell our house and move closer to my work (my 70 minute commute is killing me...)
Here are some pictures from Melissa's birthday (Feb 29!) Notice Melissa's shirt. We think Camila should get one of her own (since she has such constipation issues lately...)
Look who was done with pictures here! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment