Camila had her 1 month "birthday" on Friday. While it sounds like a cliche, I can't believe how quickly the time has gone! I know she's getting bigger (her newborn clothes are getting tight) but it's difficult to remember just how small she was when she was born. We bought a video camera to hopefully capture some memorable moments. :)
We had a difficult few days with her, so Friday I decided to just get her out of the house and go for a drive. I ended up driving her around for a couple of hours, and she slept in her carseat the entire time! She slept like a champ that night (seriously, 5 hours straight!) We also had another great night Saturday night (another 5 hours). I think she was getting over-tired earlier in the week, as she wasn't sleeping at all during the day. Hopefully we'll continue to get good nights out of her, even though I know it will be mixed with difficult nights here and there. Hopefully the good nights will continue to outnumber the difficult nights! The picture above is of her actually sleeping in her carseat!
Just a fun picture of her. :)
Here's a picture of Camila, Grandma Nelson, and Phoebe the cat. My parents' and Melissa's cats were very interested in Camila when we were out there on Friday and again on Saturday. They were especially interested in (or afraid of) her crying!
And another fun picture of her with her Daddy, showing off her cute outfit!We've noticed that she's starting to smile more regularly in the last week, and while the books all say that she's too young and it's likely gas, she usually smiles when she's interacting with us. If we make a funny face or smile at her, she'll smile back. Even if she's not actually smiling at us, it's fun to think that she actually is!Also, we've noticed that she's "finding her voice" this past week. If we put her in her swing when she's alert, but don't start the mobile, she'll make a soft "ahh" sound while staring at the mobile. It's her way of telling us "hey guys, I want to see my birdies flying!"
No comments:
Post a Comment